We know every step matters.
Our first priority is the safety of our team and customers. We worked very hard during our temporary closure to develop and implement stringent cleaning and safety procedures designed to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19.
We’ve also expanded our services to accommodate social distancing needs while still providing the high level of customer service we’re known for. If it isn’t safe for you to come out yet, we’re only a phone call away. Don’t hesitate to reach out. We offer phone consultations, video consultations on Zoom and Facetime, and our Online Shoe Refill Shop. We understand the need for social distancing right now and these services can be used from the comfort and safety of your home.
If you’re planning on coming in, please read through and join us in following the safety plan below.
We put a lot of thought into how to do this well to keep you and our team as safe as possible. We’re counting on you to do your part to keep our team and each other as safe while shoe shopping. We’re confident you will because you all are the best customers in the world.
- 1. Masks are required to be worn by all customers and staff while inside Mast Shoes. For the safety of our staff, everyone must have their mouths and noses covered the entire time they are here.*
- 2. Sanitize your hands upon entry at the table inside our doors. No gloves, please.
- 3. Wait to be seated by our host (much like in a restaurant). It’s possible there will be a short wait to be seated. If so, stand on the floor markers that are 6 feet apart.
- 4. You will have your own area to sit and try on shoes that are 6 feet from other customer’s areas. Every seating area is sanitized between customers.
- 5. Stay 6 feet apart from other customers and the staff members not assigned to you. We have markers around the seating areas to help!
- 6. Once you’re seated we will talk with you about our safety procedures and determine whether or not you’d like your feet measured (with a face or fitting shield in place). If not, we’ll talk with you from 6 feet away to determine what size/s to bring you. We will bring shoes for you to try, you will put them on and we will help you determine the best fit from a distance (we’re finding we are particularly adept at this). If needed and if you’re ok with us getting close enough to check fit with our hands, we will do that quickly (with a face or fitting shield in place). If you need assistance getting your shoes on, we will help you (with a face or fitting shield in place).
7. It is required that all customers put on clean socks provided by us to try on all footwear. Our comfy socks are washed in hot water and dried after each use. This ensures our shoes are kept as clean as possible for all customers.
8. Your designated shoe expert will bring everything to you in your special seating area.
9. To allow for safe social distancing in our relatively small space, we cannot accommodate browsing right now. We’re happy to bring display shoes to you to look at in your seating area and most displays are viewable from each seat. Our collection is also viewable online in our Shoe Refill Shop.
*If you forget your mask, we have new, single use disposable masks at the host stand for you.
*If you cannot wear a mask, please call 734-662-8118 and we will assist you over the phone.
Other things you might like to know:
All Mast Shoes all staff have their temperatures checked and a health screening every morning upon arrival. Anyone experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 stays home or is sent home.
We thoroughly wash our hands upon entry, between every customer and as much as possible throughout the day.
We have hand sanitizer throughout the store and it is used frequently between hand washing.
We disinfect commonly touched surfaces (phones, computers, credit card machines, door handles, etc.) throughout the day.
We disinfect every seat and seating area after every customer.
We disinfect every Brannock device (the device we measure with) after every customer if they choose to have us measure their feet.
If you choose to have your feet measured, we have protective face shields and fitting shields to be used between you and our shoe experts.
Our staff have access to clean, single use, disposable gloves. They will use them at their discretion. We ask that customers do not bring in outside gloves.
There is an in and out traffic pattern at entry and exit. Arrows and markers are on the floor inside and on the sidewalk outside.
Our stretching service on used shoes is discontinued until further notice. We will stretch new, clean shoes you purchase while you’re here.
Our Expanded Services:
While we strongly believe that in-person shoe fitting is the best way to buy shoes, we understand and respect the current need for social distancing as well as your desire for ease in ordering replacement shoes. We ask that you use Mast Shoes online Shoe Refill Shop to order replacement pairs of shoes that were originally fit for you by us. This is how our online shop will align with our main mission of setting you up with shoes that fit well and feel great. Save experimenting with new shoes until your next in-person fitting.
Phone Consultations & Orders: Call 734-662-8118 anytime during business hours. If we don’t answer, leave a message and we will call you back.
Video Consultations via Zoom or Facetime: Call 734-662-8118 to make arrangements.
Free Shipping on regular price oders of $100 or more.
Contact Free Curbside Pick Up. Place your order by phone or online. Call us when you’re in the parking lot and we’ll bring your order to your car (Tuesday – Saturday 2PM – 5PM).
In-Store Pick Up for phone and online orders is available Tuesday – Saturday 10AM – 5PM. Just walk in (with a mask) and the host will hand your your order.
We hope to see you soon!